Exercise for Life Programme (Oct-Dec 2018 Intake)
posted by Institute of Human Performance - Active Health Clinic for HKU and Public
Event Type: Other Event/Function
Event Nature: Medical & Health Care
The benefits of exercise can have a positive lifelong impact on long term health outcomes. In order to promote optimal health, tailor-made exercise programmes will be provided for each participant to accommodate for individual differences. Regular supervised exercise sessions will be scheduled within the 10 week period.
1. Initial interview, fitness evaluation and assessment will be arranged individually from the 18th Sep to 2nd Oct 2018.
2. Total Cholesterol and Blood Glucose Screening
3. Individualized Exercise Programme (by individual appointment with AHC)
4. Supervised Exercise Classes - Participants may partake in group exercise sessions 3 days per week over the 10 week period.
Training sessions will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from the 3rd October to 7th December 2018 (^28 sessions in total). There are three scheduled sessions that you can choose to come to.
^No training session on public holiday(17 October 2018).
*All new participants will receive a M400 Polar Heart Rate Monitor (retail $1480).
|Venue||Active Health Clinic, Stanley Ho Sports Centre|
|Language||English or Cantonese|
Registration is open from 18/09/2018 08:00(HKT) to 26/09/2018 17:00(HKT) on a first-come-first-served basis. The registration quota for this event is 30. Registrants will be placed on a waiting list if the registration quota is reached.
* Registration is now closed.
|Fee Type||Regular||Early Bird
|HKU Student, Staff & IHP Member||HKD 3300.00||n/a|
Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact Kevin Tang by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 2872-1205 or by fax at 2817-1974.