The Simplicity Behind Complexity: Mediation and Moderation Analysis by Dr. Changiz Mohiyeddini
posted by Centre on Behavioral Health for HKU and Public
Event Type: Continuing Professional Development Short Course
Event Nature: Others
Changiz Mohiyeddini, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Health and Quantitative Psychology
Northeastern University, Boston
The workshop is aimed at conference participants and others who wish to deepen their knowledge and improve their skills in performing Mediation and Moderation analysis. The purpose of the workshop is to distinguish between the properties of moderator and mediator variables and to provide a comprehensive description of mediator and moderator analysis and their differences. Following a non-technical approach, issues related to study design, analysis, discussion, interpretation and limitation of results will be introduced step by step.
Participants have the opportunity to work on detailed examples and (if available) analyse their own data. The workshop program will cover the following topics:
• Description of Mediator and Moderator analysis
• The difference between Mediator and Moderator analysis
• Performing Mediator analysis
• How to test Mediation Effects in Multiple Regression?
• Which study designs are suitable for Mediator Analysis?
• Choosing Mediator Variables
• Predictor–Outcome Relation
• Establishing Causation
• Calculating Power
• Interpreting the Results
• Performing Moderator analysis
• How to test Moderator Effects in Multiple Regression?
• Which study designs are suitable for Moderator Analysis?
• Testing the Significance of the Moderator Effect
• Power of Tests of Interactions
• Interpreting the results
Recent developments in Mediation and Moderation analysis
• Multiple Mediation
• parallel multiple mediator model
• serial multiple mediator model
• Moderated Mediation: Conditional Direct and Indirect Effects
• Moderation and Conditional Effects ( “Simple Slopes”)
• Mediated Moderation
• Moderated moderation
• Covariates in mediation or moderation
Please note the following Pre-Requisite for this Workshop: It is required that participants possess basic knowledge in Regression Analysis and SPSS.
|Venue||2/F, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong|
Registration is open from 07/04/2017 00:01(HKT) to 04/07/2017 23:59(HKT) on a first-come-first-served basis.
|Fee Type||Regular||Early Bird
|Registration Fee - HKD||HKD 500.00||n/a|
|Registration Fee - USD||USD 65.00||n/a|
You can make payment by credit card online.
For further information, please visit:
Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact Sr. Executive Asst. Amy Choi by email at email@example.com or by phone at 2831 5163 or by fax at 2816 6710.